Happy Thursday everyone!! Boy, am I happy the week is almost over. School just started and it’s already kicking my ass lol. And because school has started, I needed to get organized and it’s what inspired the project I’m about to share with you all today. I actually built it last weekend but just finally getting a chance to blog about it.
About a week ago, on my FB feed, because I had been browsing on Target, one of those ads that usually pop up after you’ve looked at a website popped up. Anyways Target was advertising other things I might be interested in and one of them was a command center. And I thought we could totally use one of those. It wasn’t super expensive about $40 if I remember correctly and I almost ordered it but before I order anything I always read reviews and it got horrible reviews so I decided to hold off on ordering.
So last week on the Shanty2Chic website just browsing. I tell you those sisters are amazing and such an inspiration. They make me want to build!! Well lo and behold they had a DIY command center that I just loved. So I decided to build my own using the plans that they had with a few changes of my own. You can find the plans here at http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/S2Cblg_Wall-Organizer.pdf. The best thing about this project is that it cost me less than $20 dollars. I used scrap wood that I had for most of it and it was a pretty easy build.
For my board I used a 16″ x 24″ piece of plywood from Lowes, for the mail holders the plan called for 1x3s but since I had tons of scrap 1x4s I used those instead. And instead of bull clips the sisters used for theirs I used chalk board clothespins. Like I said their plans were really easy to follow and you can head to their website if interested in building it.
Started out by making all my cuts using my awesome saw/miter box combo
Putting the mail holder pieces together with glue.
Attached the constructed mail holders to the piece of plywood.
Added some decorative nails
Added cup hooks. Drilled a small holes first then screwed in the hooks.
The original plans had called for bull clips to be added but I found these cool clothespins so I used that instead. I just glued them on.
As usual, I’d love to hear your feedback. Comment, like, share, pin. Have a wonderful rest of the week!!