Hi everyone!! Phew!! Finally completed the mason jar lantern project. Ran into a few snafus along the way. After I had allowed the stain on the wood boards to dry for 24 hours, I set out to attach my hooks. I quickly ran into a problem when I realized the screws that came with the hooks were way too long. They screwed right through the wood completely and were poking out through the back which I didn’t want so I had to get shorter screws. Then the wire hangers I had gotten to use to hang the mason jars just didn’t do it for me. Hated how they looked so once again I had to regroup and decided I wanted to use chain to hang them. Lastly the candles I had bought for the jars would not fit!! So in the mean time I put in tea lights that I have lying around at home until I can get another set of candles. But it’s finally done, I’ve hung them and I really love how they came out. Please leave your comments and let me know what you think 🙂 🙂
I attached saw tooth hangers on the back of the wood boards to use to hang on the wall.
Attaching the hooks
Punched two holes on opposite sides of the mason jar lids and attached the chains and spray painted
And here they are on the wall!!!